Monday, March 25, 2013

The ghost



You wake up to a cold morning, you recharge your phone, you boil water, and there I am behind the socket, behind the oven. You rush to work, thinking you can avoid me but no there I am behind the traffic lights. You fill your vehicle with gas and there I am staring back at you. You can’t escape me now, can you? You go to the office and guess what? There is nothing you can do without me, all machines need me. You try to escape by going to lunch, but you hear music, which obviously means I’m there. Time has passed and you want a break from me, you drive back home, Oh wait, you need to refill gas, there I am on the display. Anyways you reach home, first thing you do is turn the light on. You know I’m the genie behind it all. Well, that is just how you use me directly; I haven’t considered the products you use that were made with me. So, here is the deal start acknowledging the fact that you can’t live without because sooner or later I will be the definition of life. Just in case you have no clue, my name is electricity and I’m the ghost you can’t avoid.
            Well, 500 years ago, nobody knew me, nobody took me seriously, no one even thought of the possibility of using me. If I was anything, I was just a science topic, may I add, at elementary school. It all started with a couple of mistakes, rather I call them accidents. Benjamin Franklin, Galvani and Oersted observed rather unusual incidences and built the foundation for me. I regard Faraday as my father since it was he who demonstrated how useful I can be.  Thomas Edison raised me; he saw potential in me and made 1000 mistakes just to see how I can power a light bulb. I could go on forever just pointing my family tree but the moral of the story stays the same. I was born from an accident and raised through mistakes by men (and women) who took actual risk.
            It may sound a bit unwise to follow the footsteps of my parents on child rearing, but hey look at how I turned out. I’m like the blood in your veins; you are practically dead without me. To make something as powerful as me and be as memorable as my parents you have got to take risks. Make mistakes, at the end of the day it is only the success that will matter. This is just something I wanted you to know. I have to get back to work but in case you forget I will remind you, I am after all a ghost and I am everywhere…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop in what you have to say ... in the spirit of an amazing life..:)