Sunday, June 30, 2013

Getting lucky.

Just try, if you are lucky you will get it. I have heard like a thousand people tell me that and
somehow I have managed to remain passive to it. Honestly speaking, am annoyed by anyone who
will tell me that (which is a lot by the way). If I was going for a lotto draw, that would be more than
appropriate , but if it’s an effort driven kind of achievement, I’ll just pass.

What is luck by the way? The English dictionary defines it as occurring by chance.
Mathematically that means there is 50% probability to succeed and 50% as well for failure.
Technically, It doesn’t really matter, how much efforts you put in, how many sleepless nights you’ve
had, or even how many sacrifices you made. It boils down to 50% for everyone. If anyone wishes me
luck, they implify that I have probably been working but I still got 50% chance of succeeding and
so I do need luck. Well, I don’t. I know how arrogant that may sound but I believe in a different kind
of universe. The one that works by the law of attraction, the kind that responds to persistence and
determination, and is isn’t just throwing success randomly.

When anyone we know succeeds, we go he’s lucky he’s smart, she’s lucky she’s got rich parents,
lucky this , lucky that. Guess what? Lucky doesn’t happen that much often and even if it does, it follows those who work for it. All these anecdotes are just an indication to how much discipline is
underrated. Bill Gates isn't wealthy because he is lucky he's smart and talented; he is surely smart
but we wouldn't be talking about him if he didn't put in at least 10000 hours with computers in high
school. Discipline for that matter creates luck, it produces hard work and sustains persistence.

Ralph Wado Emerson wrote; Shallow men believe in luck and circumstance, strong men ( and
women ) believe in cause and effect. What a way powerful way to summarize it all. Cause and effect, that's the discipline of the universe. I know we all want the easy way out but life doesn't work that way, and even with tough love it still is amazing..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop in what you have to say ... in the spirit of an amazing life..:)