Monday, November 17, 2014

The big secret.


So, I went hiking last week, which I normally do but this time I would like to share this experience because I learnt some lessons that just reminded me as you might guess, that life is amazing. So  there is this building on top of the Rhodes memorial, Table Mountain national park very high up called the King's blockhouse , I've always wanted to reach there since I see it everyday from school , plus it sounded like a challenge. So I grabbed me, some sneakers,  a bottle of water and off I went. After a couple of hours, I was back to planet earth with a couple of lessons.


It all starts with that first step.
Just like everything in life, considering we were all born knowing nothing. I didn't how to get to the top, I just knew that I had to go up that was all I needed. To accomplish anything all you need is the commitment to do it and to take that first step.

Never give up, ever.
Life isn't perfect, nobody is perfect. That should be enough reason not to give up. Once you have a clearly defined goal, you will be tested as to how badly you need it. But that is no reason to give up. As long as you are still alive there is something for you,so hang in there.


Enjoy the journey.
You can't really tolerate the hard blowing wind against your face or the fatigue and muscle soreness that comes from hiking unless you really enjoy it. You wont live through the disappointments and failures in your way unless you enjoy what you do. So yeah, enjoy what you do, it might be the only string keeping you alive.


Take risks.
Who knows what will unfold from it? The world not to mention the universe is too big to stay comfortable. As Nelson Mandela, put it, "It always seems impossible until it is done."

That's it folks, I just uncovered the secrets of the universe from 3 hours of hiking. Definitely worth it. Maybe you should try it too!Go make life more amazing.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop in what you have to say ... in the spirit of an amazing life..:)