Saturday, January 19, 2013

Entropy



            Entropy: a fascinating Greek word.  Scientifically entropy is the degree of randomness of a system, so a high value of entropy means a large degree of randomness. The table I’m looking at is a great example of the things with high entropy- if you know what I mean.  I’m fascinated by the word mainly because it is the key word of a certain scientific law- the second of thermodynamics. One way to state this law is “During the course of every spontaneous process, the entropy of the universe increases”.  Point taken, the universe loves a little disorder and it is really easy to prove. It is easy or rather spontaneous for a glass to shutter into pieces and physically impossible to glue the pieces back together. I don’t know who postulated this law but I’m sure it was a genius.
            Instead of referring to hypothetical systems I’d rather speak of daily entropy that keeps increasing every second of every minute- the randomness of life. A lot of times I realize just how messed up life can be. I make plans, they fall apart so I make new ones, they fail, I keep planning until the outcome is a completely different version of what I had envisioned. It happens a lot that I have learnt to play games with the universe. I have to come to realize that the universe rewards the player who plays the most.
            There are conflicts today; both interpersonal and intrapersonal because of one reason and you guessed it-entropy. It is really hard to fight the universe considering we found it here. We want peace and it wants to shake things up. That doesn’t mean submitting to randomness; only lord knows how worse this table would look. It requires discipline hard work to put order to this world, to put plans into actions. If plans will still not work out, then I say get creative and join the fun. The universe will have no choice but to support you.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop in what you have to say ... in the spirit of an amazing life..:)