Friday, January 4, 2013

Science couldn't explain



What if I told you that scientists are not able to fully describe the nature of light? Well, I’m telling you now, and I’m not very surprised. Even with all the formulas physics could produce, they, like us are still in the maybe zone. They tell us it’s a wave but their little secret isn’t exactly a secret. I was also surprised when I learnt of the concept of wave particle duality. According to this theory, all matter can be either a particle or a wave depending on the property exhibited.  When light is reflected from a surface it is a wave, when it is emitted in small quanta, it is a particle. So, you can now imagine light in small packets and you flying with an actual frequency, real funny. DeBroglie went further to derive a formula that could deduce the wavelength of practically everything.
As much as I’m confused, I’m not shocked. Like light, no one really knows the nature of me. People will try to describe me based on what they see, but the mysterious nature of me isn’t for them to describe. They’ll see me walking and they’ll say I’m just a particle, they’ll see me soaring and you can guess what they’ll say. I know my  journey is yet to unfold, and I’ll travel it alone. No one knows me better than me, so as much as I like opinions, I also like optimism!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop in what you have to say ... in the spirit of an amazing life..:)