Thursday, May 30, 2013

The right questions



            Why does everything thrown up come back down? It’s simple, gravity; gravity forces everything to fall down. Why is there gravity? Because all objects in the universe attract each other so it’s just the earth exerting a force on everything on it. Why do all objects in the universe attract each other? I don’t know, because Newton said so? Or perhaps nature? I’m not really sure.
Let’s try another one, why do people pay unreasonably lots of money for concerts? Because they are fans. Why are they fans? Because they love music. Why do people love music? Because it is relaxing and food to the soul. Why is it so? Because it expresses innermost feelings loud and clear.  Why is that so? I don’t know, psychologists might be able to answer the question precisely but I’m concluding that is just human nature.  Its nature, the natural design we expect everything to behave .
            Its funny how a simple why question can end being a metaphysical one. What’s even more fascinating is that we more or less arrive at the same answer. The limit where we stop reasoning and just accept that nature has a design that rules everything. This finding has resulted to my conclusion that the question of why has no ultimate answer. We just have to live with that. Why do we have to mess up so many times? Why is life unfair? Why do we give up so easily? It’s simple, that’s just nature. I don’t think any essay or journal will satisfactorily answer that question,
            The question of how on the other hand is a nice one.  It has a clear answer and actually produces results. How can I become rich? It’s easy, work on an innovative business idea or rob a bank.  Yes, I’m kidding about the second option. How do I lose weight?  It’s also easy, exercise and get the right diet. How do I become successful in my career? Work hard and get connected. Clearly all answers to the how question can be modeled by a equation. This only makes these kinds of questions easier to answer.
            We spend most of our lives asking why, while we clearly know there are no answers. It’s just depressing. The question of how however is energizing. Every time I ask myself how something can be done, my brain gets to thinking: unwinding itself from the why-imposed doom. ‘How’ is simply one of those things that remind me that nothing is impossible.  Every problem has a solution, every dream can be a reality, all it needs is an equation and the right question.  Life is amazing, I don’t why, but I can definitely prove how.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop in what you have to say ... in the spirit of an amazing life..:)