Saturday, April 6, 2013

Guess what?




So, you have given up on your childhood dream.  I don’t know exactly what it is but I do know what you tell yourself every time an opportunity shows up. “I’m too old for that”, “I’m not good enough”, “I tried it and I failed”, “I won’t fit in” “The other guys are just so good, I don’t stand a chance”… need I say more? That’s exactly what goes on in my mind sometimes. Those are the exact same things my head tells me. I have succeeded in silencing by one single statement. Guess what?
            Guess what? Stephen Hawking is a genius, physicist and cosmologist. He has done what Albert Einstein didn’t finish and something in between those lines. Oh wait, I forgot one bit of information that makes the story interesting. He is paralyzed, he is permanently on a wheel chair and I still don’t understand how he manages to communicate.  Is he a miracle? Being a scientist I have a totally different explanation. Of course Stephen knew that he was physically impaired and he was obviously getting negative influences all around him. One thing he did for sure was make a name for himself, not for the fact that he is disabled but for his childhood dream. Even though I don’t totally agree with his views, guess what? I know him.
            If you think you have failed enough, put yourself in Abraham Lincoln’s shoes. The guy failed far too many times for any human to endure.  He persisted and well, we all know the end of the story.
            We make a whole of excuses you know. All these reasons we use to justify our decisions; they are in fact just excuses, nothing more. We listen to the sneaky voices in our heads because it’s easy. It’s easy not to do anything but hey what good does it do? In the long run it leaves regrets and what ifs. I’m not saying success will eventually follow once you give it a try.  A line in a Coldplay song goes ‘If you’ll never try, you’ll never know’ and I think it summarizes a whole lot of a paragraph. Stop giving excuses and just do it! It’s worth it. Let go of that fear, because guess what? You are the obstacle standing in the way of realizing your dreams.


 

1 comment:

Drop in what you have to say ... in the spirit of an amazing life..:)