Monday, April 1, 2013

Stars



Stars; there is something really inspiring about them. Take the time to just watch the stars at night and watch what happens… magic is the word for it. There was a time in life where I had conversations with stars- all in my head of course.  I would just talk to them about anything, my day, aspirations even my crushes and somehow my head imagined the whole conversations. I know it sounds idiotic but I even made names for favorite ones. Just to be clear, I’m talking about the stars that twinkle at night. My dictionary also defines a star as someone who is dazzlingly skilled in a particular field. They are not so different from astronomical stars.
            Before the big bang, there was nothing in the universe. No matter, nor space, nor time. It is confusing enough to imagine it but fact is there were no stars. They shine today but it is interesting to note that a star is made from a cloud of gas and dust. Anyone who has lived in a developing city like Dar es Salaam knows how annoying dust can be. From ugly clouds of dust to a shining star is a transition that is humanly impossible. Of course it takes about 50 million years but point is it happens. This brings me to a very important lesson. Nothing is impossible. Everything comes from nothing, from void, from dust and gas. In one way or another, through considerable amounts of time and dedication ‘miracles’ happen, even if that means 50 million years. We prefer to call them miracles but we know that they are born from an equation.
            You may now be wondering about the fate of a star. Well, a star will shine for about 10 billion years in maturity. Thereafter it could end up being a neutron star  or blackhole and another star is born from the residue. A familiar story, isn’t it? A star continues the legacy; once it shines it always shines. So the story is the same for star personalities too. Stars have influence and their influence never dies, even on becoming a blackhole.
            As  I sing the song ‘Twinkle Twinkle little star’.  I think of the cloud of dust that it originally was and how it came to the diamond in the sky. The answer is simple and the earlier you get hold of it the better. Nothing is impossible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop in what you have to say ... in the spirit of an amazing life..:)